All current Goalscapers can use the new web application by logging in here. And there is an Upload feature that makes it easy to transfer existing goalscapes (GSP files) created in Goalscape Online, Goalscape Enterprise or Goalscape Desktop to the new web app.
This short video describes how to do this migration (and there are written instructions below):
If you do not have the Legacy Goalscape Online app installed you can download it here. If you used the Legacy Goalscape Enterprise app can download it from your custom page (if you do not know the URL, please contact your company’s Goalscape coordinator or email email@example.com).
- In the Legacy Goalscape Online app (or Legacy Goalscape Enterprise) select the goalscape you want, then click the ‘down from the cloud’ (Download GSP) button at the top of the screen and Save the .gsp file somewhere on your hard drive.
Note: you may need to enforce the ‘.gsp’ extension on the filename when you Save As (some OS may try to change it, or even clip it completely).
Goalscape Desktop users will already have their goalscapes stored (as .gsp files) on the hard drive of the machine on which they created them.
- Login to the web application, go to the Home screen and click the ‘up into the cloud’ (Import goalscape) button at the top of the screen, then select the GSP file from its location on your hard drive.
- The uploaded goalscape will open straight away: you can update it and Share it with others.
- If the ‘Import goalscape’ function does not recognize your Goalscape file, please ensure that it has the correct ‘.gsp’ extension (you can do this in File Explorer in Windows or Finder on a Mac).
- Goal Comments will appear in a ‘Comments Backup’ tab.
- Goal Attachments are not transferred. A much better way to attach files to goals – especially live files in shared goalscapes – is to upload them to a third party filesharing facility like Google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive, share them there with the relevant collaborators on your goalscape, then use hyperlinks in the Notes field of the relevant goals to point to them.
- Sharing is not maintained, so uploaded goalscapes need to be shared again in the web app (see the video + instructions here).
- There is no sync between the products: changes made to the uploaded goalscape using the web app will not be reflected in the version in Online, Enterprise or Desktop (and vice versa).
- Although you can transfer .gsp files both ways between Online and the web app, note that every upload creates a new instance of the goalscape. So any two-way transfer will cause versioning issues and is absolutely inappropriate for shared goalscapes.
If you have any trouble please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click – we’ll help you fast!